The most likely cause is an inability to access our license server when activating the Cubism Editor license.
Possible reasons are the followings.
Your PC is communicating with the network via a proxy server (such as a network management server in a company or school).
In this case, it is necessary to edit the proxy settings of your OS and/or network (to unblock access to our license activation server) .
The URL for our license activation is http://hostedactivation.com/.
(It is NOT http://www.reprisesoftware.com/cgi-bin.)
In addition to the Internet option proxy settings, the following setting is required:
< Cubism 4.0 >
C:\Program Files\Live2D Cubism 4.0\ProxyConfig.bat
< Cubism 3.3 >
C:\Program Files\Live2D Cubism 3.3\ProxyConfig.bat
< Cubism 2.1 >
C:\Program Files\Live2D Cubism 2.1\ProxyConfig.bat
Please open the .bat file with a text editing application, append and edit the proxy settings.
* Make sure to include the configuration information that matches your communication environment after HTTP_PROXY= and HTTP_PROXY_CREDENTIALS=.
The following is an example:
If your proxy requires a password, add the following
- . Download the zip file from the link below and unzip it.
- . Open the file ” com.live2d.proxy.plist ” in the extracted folder with a text editor, add the proxy settings, and save the file.
The location of the description is provided in the file.
- . Place the “com.live2d.proxy.plist” file containing the proxy configuration items in the following location.
[User Home Folder]/Library/LaunchAgents/
*User Home Folder(~/) is generally /Users/[Login Name]/.
Please visit Official Apple Support for the details. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mchlp1143/mac
*If you do not see the Library folder in the Finder, open the Home folder by selecting “Go” > “Home”, select “View” > “Show View Options”, and then select the “Show ‘Library’ folder” check box.
*To apply to all users registered in the OS, place it in /Library/LaunchAgents/.
- . After restarting the PC, start Cubism Editor and try activation.
Your PC security software is blocking the communication.
In this case, try turning off the security software only during license activation.
Another possible reason why activation fails is that the Editor is not up-to-date.
If activation does not succeed in the current network environment, it may be possible by temporarily changing to a different method of communication.